If you want to:
- create a life that you are excited to wake up and live,
- express your unique purpose and gifts in the world, or
- develop positive, passionate, and loving relationships, individual counseling can help.
People who come into therapy open up and then we discover what is really bothering them so they can make positive changes.
Depression, anxiety, difficult past relationships are in their way. They won’t settle for this. Clients discover how to change, so then they can wake up happy and motivated for the day.
The fact is every human that ever walked the earth could use some psychological air time. You are important; your story is important; and being your best self is vital to building the life you desire.
I know that before even meeting you. That is my bias about people. You don’t have to settle for less than awesome life. A part of you knows this. A part of you knows there is more to life. A part of you doubts this. Together we can get these parts working together better to help you fully express yourself.
How does this counseling thing work?
- First we figure out what you would like to change about your life. For example, do you want better relationships, financial freedom, career, or just more happy feelings?
- Then we figure out what is in your way to getting what you would like in life. Typically, humans are in their own way. I specialize in relationships so I will be zooming in on your relationship patterns. Relationship patterns have a huge impact on our emotional well being. Humans are social beings.
- Depending on what is in your way, we will collaborate and use the most appropriate counseling techniques to help you get unstuck and access your best self.
What “counseling techniques” do I use?
I am integrative counselor that specializes in relationships. Integrative means I blend a series of therapy interventions to help you be your best self. Here are some I use most often with individuals:
- Re-decision Therapy combines Gestalt and Transactional Analysis therapy. Basically we we help you figure out how to make a new decision about how to live your life. Perhaps you tend to avoid conflict but that is now backfiring because you are never speaking up for what you would like. We will determine when you learned this habit and how to change this habit. To learn more about Re-decision therapy click here.
- Bader-Pearson Developmental Model is the model I use to figure out where you are stuck in your relationships. There are typical predictable stages everyone goes through. We will figure out where you are stuck or got stuck in the past. Then our collaborative task is to figure what you are willing to change about you to get the life you would like. To read more about the Bader-Pearson developmental model click here.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy emphasizes how your thoughts affect your actions. Once we recognizing any limiting thoughts or actions, I will challenge you to change your thoughts or actions which will then affect your mood. For example, you might hear me catch you on certain words like “try” to show how this limits you in life.
- Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) is an energy psychology technique to help you find relief from past hurts, trauma, or current stressors so you can build the life you would like today. We use a specific technique to determine the root of where you are stuck then follow the treatment protocol to rapidly release personal blocks in your way. Clients have commented in the past that they are amazed at how quickly AIT helps them move past problems they have been dealing about for years. To learn more about AIT click here.